This Advanced Course highlights, in between other elements, such important topics as:
- Learn how early therapy on newborns and infants can possibly reduce the percentage of problems later in life.
- Explore embriology and the development landmarks (normal and abnormal) that occur month by month during and after gestation.
- Discover how to evaluate a baby or child.
- Learn general treatment ideas, such as how to work with babies, toddlers and children, as well as working with those who are tactilely sensitive.
- Understand the signs of trauma, as well as evaluation and treatment techniques.
- Integrate specific treatment techniques for common visceral restrictions found in children, as well as Barral's approach to cranial techniques.
- Learn about Visceral Manipulation precautions and contraindications when working with children.
- Explore special considerations, e.g. typical surgeries, prematurity, children with neuromotor problems and craniosynostosis.
- Practice working with infants and children in a supervised environment.
B.Sc. – Bachelor of Science in Medicine
D.O. – Doctor in Osteopathy
BI-D – Barral Institute Diplomate Certification